Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Holiday reflections





Holidays I find , give you time to reflect on your life , in terms of what has gone before and what lies ahead . For both Gill and I it was useful in that we were able to spend some time doing this , particulary in relation to our calling as Christians and how we are to live out our lives amongst our friends , family and community .

I was helped in this by having the time to read a number of books from the bible ....the one that impacted me the most ( as it usually does ) is the book of James ..... in it James gives much guidance on how our lives should be lived out under God,with much emphasis on the doing rather than just talking about it ....

So now that I ( and Gill ) have been suitably challenged we will see how it all pans out over the coming months ....and you will be able to read all about it here ..


I also managed to read " The Pilgrims Progress" again ...a timeless classic by "John Bunyan" ..telling a tale of one mans journey to heaven with all of its joys and difficulties . Its a wonderful book ...If you havn't read it then please pick up a copy and seriously think about its message .