Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Bonfire Night, Toothache , Funerals , A new Baby ,Riding with Giants , Remembrance and the Ainscoughs


Lots going on last week ...
Bonfire Night ....
I lit the chimenea ( I love my Chimenea...cup of tea and a chimenea on a dark cold night ..you cant beat it ) . We played with a few sparklers and toasted a few marshmallows ...great . Missed Anna though .


Funerals ...



Between Phil & I ( mostly Phil) we officiated at three funerals connected with the church at Wem . We have never known so many to pass away all at similar times . People who we had been speaking to and praying with just days before had all passed into eternity within days of each other .... Funerals always should force you into asking the question ...Am I ready to look Jesus in the face and give an account of my life ?

A new Baby ...

Suzy , the manageress at the gym that Phil and I Chaplain gave birth to little Joel Henry on Thursday Night . It was nice to visit the maternity ward for a change and pray for a new life . Hope it's all going well Suzy & James if you are reading this .




Riding with Giants ..
We had 200 school children in on Friday morning for Bible stories , prayers , the History of the Bible and a question and answer session . This is something we do every year ans every year it seems to get bigger . So much so that we are doing it over three Fridays this year with over 600 children from schools in North Shropshire .. See previous years here ...i will take some photos at the next one
Remembrance Sunday ...





Church was packed on Sunday . We held a special guest service to remember the fallen but most importantly to remember Jesus ... Who paid the ultimate sacrifice at Calvary .



The Ainscoughs ...
It was so good to spend the day with our friends Dave , Debbie , Becky , Abi and John ... We had a great day with them on Sunday .. Thanks guys
Toothache ....


I have never known pain like it !!! for the last five days my wisdom tooth has been giving me too much grief .... I have had to resort to a scarf around my head holding a packet of frozen peas in the vain hope of taking the pain away .... 5 nights without sleep is not good ...The dentist won't take it out until the swelling goes down ...because I look a bit like a hamster at the moment :-)