Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Varied Diet ...


In the pastorate I have found that no two days are ever quite the same . Take today for instance .First job this morning was to brave the fresh snow ( the snowman is not dead yet!) on the school run with Laura .This turned out to be a thrilling journey , when you want the car to stop going down a hill it decided to disobey and headed straight for the car in front , me being a quick thinking guy thought " I know lets swerve the car ninety degrees and head for the kerb on the opposite side of the road ..that will do the trick " and it did, we stopped and Laura and I lived to fight another day :-)
Upon arrival back at home base I did some funeral preparation ( not my own I hasten to add ) before going off to lunch with one of the elders ( one of the perks ) . Then I was off to taxi Katie from the train station back from 3 snowy days in Wem and an A level RE . Then Gill and I spent a couple of hours at the after schools club at the Bridge ..art , snooker , PlayStation and table tennis and off course a cup of hot chocolate ...
Tonight more speaking prep and then off to our small group meeting ..Mark's house tonight ..his new house ( he is getting married next year ) so we are having a time of prayer and then a time of painting ... Prayer and painting what a combination .. I may post a photo later ..