Monday, June 19, 2006

Father's day

Dad or Pops as he is known to the kids

Church was packed Sunday morning for our Father's Day service .Phil in preaching the sermon caused me to reflect on my own inadequacies as a father . Something that I must put right . I must endeavour to mirror my heavenly Father's sacrificial love for me with my own kids .

After the service it was off to the homeland ..Liverpool . To have a meal with Dad and Mum . my sister Jane and her family should have been there but she managed to split her head open in the morning and spent the afternoon in casualty !!!


In the evening we visited the Bridge . Bill Bygroves preached from Romans 14 . "How not to be an ugly Christian" . It was a superb message and when they upload it onto their site I will link to it here so that you can all hear it .

The big question in the ABQ course tonight is " What's gone wrong with the World ? "..so today is about preparation for tonight .