Thursday, November 24, 2005

Almost went up in flames


Beware of Bargains ...they are not always what they seem ...now you have had the moral of the story I had better tell you the tale ..

I bought a nice looking candle from e-bay the other day , orange and cinnamon , nice for Christmas or so I thought . When it arrived it looked good , nice colour with pieces of dried orange etc within the candle itself , smelt lovely ....so I lit it ...and it looked great ...after two or three days of use it was nearing the end of its life leaving a fine aroma in the living room ...

Anyway I can sense your getting bored now so I will cut to the chase .... I had been in the study whilst the candle was alight in the lounge ... I eventually returned to the lounge and was horrified to find the whole candle ablaze with the bits and pieces within the wax ( a la orange and little twigs etc ) all ablaze ..the wooden coffee table that it was standing on was heating up nicely and was about to become an indoor bonfire !!! fortunately I managed to find my yellow firemans helmet and put the fire out safely ...

Another moral for you ...pretty things are not always what they seem .. (apart from my wife of course )