Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The Word of God ...The bible

Photo courtesy of Paul
I did another RE lesson in church this morning , a bunch of 30 or so year 7 students who came to find out more about the Christian faith ( I'm doing seven of these lessons over this week ) anyway I thought I would take the opportunity to ask how many of them had bibles at home and out of 30 kids only 5 put their hands up ...so more than 80 % had no access to the greatest story ever told ..

This afternoon I went to a lunch with a number of people who spend most of their spare time trying to solve this problem ...The Gideons ...( see photo above )A group of folk who labour in the harvest field , seeking to give as many people as possible access to the truth of life .... they should be commended and prayed for .

This evening another session of Christianity Explained beckons ..tonight I will be looking at what faith in Jesus Christ really does mean , how should it impact your life ..so I best go and prepare ....