Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Carols on the Corner

On Tuesday night I was asked to lead a group of 50 or so neighbours who wanted to gather together to sing carols , organised by a couple of folk who live at the end of our street . It was good to see people willing to step out of the hectic Christmas shedule and take time to reflect on the message of Christmas through the singing of Carols ..

Yesterday I started reading Dr Martyn Lloyd Jones' book "Studies on the sermon on the mount" ...Highly recommended ...60 sermons that expound Christ's blueprint for Christian living found in Matthew Chapters 5-7

Today I am off to one of the local residential homes with a few folk from the church , carols , mince pies and a christmas message from me ... I think I will be speaking on Simeon ...read his story here ....an old man who was able to die in peace because he was able to say "for my eyes have seen your salvation"......