Saturday, September 03, 2005

Onwards and Upwords

Last night we had a lovely BBQ as guests of the Atkins family along with Norman and Edi Jones . Norm and Edi brought along a game called Upwords .....if you like scrabble you will like this . My team were pipped at the post by Normans team who had obviously swallowed a dictionary before playing .

I managed to finish my sermon prep yesterday ...speaking from Luke 18:9-14 . The parable of the Pharisee and the Tax collector . I was really struck by the Tax-collectors prayer ...He couldn't even lift his head because he knew he was in the presence of almighty God ...he cried " Have mercy on me , a sinner" ....a prayer we can all learn from

Today is all about the Wem Carnival ....I'll be back in the clown gear later being paraded around town on a float ....hopefully pics to follow ..