Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Wheat ......and harvest and all that ...

Iv'e been thinking a little about wheat today ....{the things that trainee pastors do with their day :-)}

You see this Sunday morning we are having our Harvest thanksgiving service and because Wem is a rural farming community then this service becomes fairly important .....hence the reason I am studying wheat ....

Prior to this morning all I knew was "weetabix " and "shredded wheat" .... but now having looked it up I know a lot more .....

The text Iwill be using on Sunday is taken from Johns Gospel Ch 12

23Jesus replied, "The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. 24I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. 25The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 26Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.

I'll let you know how the sermon develops ....

Visiting this afternoon and then a "Christianity Explained" meeting tonight for those who want to know more about the Christian faith .