Thursday, October 13, 2005

Children's Talk

I have decided to do a kids talk on John Huss on Sunday morning , after having read about him this week and being inspired by the mans conviction and his perseverance . I will start off by asking one of the congregation to tell a story in Latin ,part of Chapter one in Mark's Gospel and then I will go on to explain that John Huss thought that this was crazy preaching in a language that few understood and how he went on to preach to congregations upwards of 3000 in their own native language ....eventually the religious powers that be thought this was heretical, especially when he spoke out against them ..... they burnt him for it .... I look forward to shaking the mans hand in heaven .

Coffee morning today , visits this afternoon as well as prep for an assembly tomorrow and a youth talk tomorrow night ...and hopefully I will have time to fit in a romantic meal with my wife this evening at the Acropolis ...the local Greek restaurant ( hightly recommended ...if you live in or near Wem ).