Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Not according to Plan

Yesterday , things didn't quite go according to plan . My preaching engagement at Bethel had to be cancelled because I managed to get stuck in a mega traffic jam in Stoke on Trent . They seem to be renewing all of the roads at the same time ,which was a little frustrating ..

The evening went better , with Gloria and Peter from church popping round to share a roast chicken with us ......the only problem for me was that I then shared it with the toilet at 2:30 am ..... So my stomach isn't top of my list of favourite body parts today :-( ... I was the only one who had this adverse reaction so it looks like the chicken is not to blame ...

It was Robbie Burns who said " the best laid plans of mice and men oft go astray " ...that man knew what he was talking about ...