Saturday, October 08, 2005

Youth & Ice

Last night we took our youth club along to Telford Ice Rink . A good time was had by all , especially me ,who chickened out of this leg breaking ritual and settled into a cheeseburger and a nice cup of coffee ....I always go for the healthy option ;-)

This morning I have spent the sunrise hours finishing off my sermon prep for tomorrow . In the morning I will be in Prees ( Shropshire) ...preaching on the awkward text in 1 Timothy 2:8-15 and then in the evening I will be over at our friends Paul and Ali's church in Belper( Derbyshire) and this time I will be taking a passage from 1 Thessalonians 4 and 2 Thessalonians 2:1 ... its entitled " The Ultimate Gathering " ... I will try with God's help to give a glimpse of what it will be like when Christ comes again ..

This afternoon , we have an elders and deacons event at Cloverley Hall .... followed by food ..now there's an incentive !!!