Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I wouldn't wear the pinny !!


I am loving my time back in the homeland . The church because of its size has many ministries all of which I hope to sample in the three weeks that I am there.

Last night the BBC 1 course ( Bridge bible course ) was great , with a number of really probing questions a group of 27 people seeking to answer the question What is God like?

This morning I attended the Barnabas meeting . A weekly gathering of people from a number of Liverpool churches for prayer and Bible study . This was followed by lunch from the Bistro. I became a waiter for a couple of hours a throw back to my days as a student nearly twenty years ago ...clearing tables , washing dishes ..but I did draw the line at wearing a pinny !!

This afternoon I met with the apprentices . Two young men who are training for the ministry and are being mentored by the church ..

Tonight I was back in Wem doing a "Christianity Explained" class entitled "Why bother with the Bible & Prayer?" .............Full days at the moment ..but good days.









Gill wanted to buy me this pinny !! Harsh I think :-)