Thursday, January 03, 2008

Confession Time ..The tale of the Cake tin and the isolation switch!


For those of you who know me you know that DIY and I do not make a good team. Today this was most embarrassingly illustrated ... Here goes the story .

On Sunday our central heating boiler packed in ( or so I thought ) . I fiddled and played but just couldn't get it to come back to life so I called out a handyman . Now handyman couldn't make it until today . So we froze for a good few days !!! just so happened that last night and today was one of the coldest this winter ..


All of us were glad when handyman arrived this morning . He promptly made his way to the kitchen to take a look at the sick boiler and like a trained professional he moved a couple of cake tins to one side revealing a strange switch on the wall that I had never noticed before and pressed it from the OFF position to the ON position . Sick boiler suddenly made a miraculous recovery and the heat once again flowed through the house..

As I said handyman was a trained professional ..I was glad to pay the £47 call out charge ....

My wife and one or two of the gentlemen in our church I know will never let me forget this sorry tale of ineptitude ...Just goes to show I cant be good at everything :-)