Friday, January 18, 2008

Funny thing happened to Anna in the kitchen today..

Anna came home famished from college after having sat one of her English A level papers . Out came the Tuna tin and the tin opener and the bout began ....she wrestled and wrestled until BAM ! the lid flew off ..along with the tuna . I bet you didn't know that The Tuna is actually a flying fish :-)

Anyway the sad news is that the tin took its vengeance out on Anna with a nasty looking cut . Enter mum . Was she calm ? was she collected? mmmmmm. I'll let you guess ...I watched as she wrapped the stricken finger with the tea towel ..encouraging Anna with those comforting words .."Its gone through to the bone Anna ..I can see the bone " ... I look at Anna who with these words continues to go a whiter shade of pale .. Enter dad ( that's me )..sympathetic as ever . What are you pair chuntering on about don't be so girlie !!!...Its a cut finger ..granted its a deep cut but its only a finger ..Anna your not going to die ....upon which Anna starts to throw up ..

Off to the nurse she went ...who calmed everything down with some sticky back plaster ( obviously a Blue Peter fan)

Anyway all is well now .. The Tuna is dead, the Tin is crushed , the finger is clothed in white and Anna is sat on the Sofa with a cup of tea in hand ...her good hand that is ...As for me I cant stop laughing .....