Monday, June 27, 2005

Good weekend

On Saturday the church had a family day , games, quizes , sports and food . Enjoyed by all . I have to admit though, I think my football playing days are sadly drawing to an end . For many years I have been waiting for Liverpool FC to come along and snap me up ....maybe if I lost about four stone they would be interested !!! ..I'll start the diet today :-)

Sunday was a blessing. The church had a visit from the North Carolina Boys Choir , approx 70 young Americans with teachers and parents in tow. I preached and then they sang . Many of them listened really well , perhaps hearing the Gospel for the first time . Please pray that the seed that was sown would be fruitful .

I'm off to my home town today Liverpool ...The only city in the UK that can display the European Cup on a permanent stand . ( Owen ...please take note :-))