Thursday, June 16, 2005

Pastoral trail

I was back in the land of the living today and on the trainee pastoral trail .... Our church is located in the town centre of Wem ( where I hear you cry)and every Thursday we open up for a coffee morning ...40p for coffee and a free slice of cake ..bargain

Anyway it is a really good opportunity to talk to folk and in the 6 years or so it has been running a good number of folk have come along to church and subsequently given their lives to the King of Kings . Coffee/cake and the Gospel what a fantastic combination .

This afternoon I did a couple of visits , one to an elderley member who is very poorly ..I gave her Jude vs1&2 ...she is being Kept by God .....what a wonderful truth that is . My second visit was a cup of coffee with the teasurer ..its always good to stay on the right side of the treasurer !! the brilliant thing is though is that he is a Liverpool fan ...so I have a friend for life ..

Elders meeting tonight ....I think it might be a 3hour job ....who said Pastors only work on Sundays :-)