Monday, July 18, 2005

Immune from Pain and suffering ....No

I'm going to South Wales this coming weekend to preach at my spiritual home , Paran Chapel in Blackmill .. I think I will be preaching from this text in the evening ..Habakkuk 3:17-19

Though the fig tree should not blossom ,
Nor fruit be on the vines ,
the produce of the olive fail ,
and the fields yield no food ,
the flock be cut off from the fold
and there be no herd in the stalls ,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord ;
I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
God , the Lord , is my strengh;
He makes my feet like the deer's ;
he makes me tread on my high places
Habakkuk knew the pain of suffering ....and most of us who have lived for any lengh of time can relate to his sentiments ....You see life is not always ' a bed of roses' ....marriages fall apart , friends and family let you down ..people get sick and die and sometimes you feel like your whole world is falling apart ..
Habakkuk must have felt that way ........But at the end of it all he had faith in a God who he knew was in control ...... ' Yet I will rejoice in the Lord ; I will take joy in the God of my salvation '
When the going got really tough ...he was a man of faith who trusted in God