Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Male Pride Restored

Over the last couple of weeks my wife and I , in an attempt to shed a few pounds ( or in my case stone) before our holidays , have been going jogging ........half an hour of torture ...and to cap it all ...every night she has beaten me to the finishing line ....how embarrassing ..

But tonight it was different . Spured on by the success of the London 2012 Olympic campaign , I went into overdrive and cruised past the finishing line a whole second ahead of her .....male pride restored

Incidentally do you know whether or not they will be staging a geriatric Olympics in 2012 ...for the likes of Steve and Paul ..and John Pullen ( if he reads this ...sorry John ) ...I however if tonight is anything to go by will be in prime condition for the main event ....so Seb if you are reading this ...get in touch